Reserved Books Section (RBS) is located at the Eastern wing of the Upper Ground Floor. The Section has a collection of text books in all subjects taught at the university which have been recommended by the teaching staff excluding Law collections.
Accessing Text Books in the Section
This is a Closed Access (CA) Section, therefore information materials are served to patrons on request through Service Windows (SW). Patrons are allowed to borrow the information materials in this section on presentation of a valid library card. The text books are loaned out only for three hours and are read within the library.
The section has two types of catalogues i.e. subject and author catalogues which help patrons to know available text books.
Staff in the Section
1. Ms. Hope Kyomuhendo, DLIS (MUK), BLIS (KIU, Ag. Head of Reserved Books Section.
2. Ms. Yvonne Nakalembe , BLIS (UCU)
3. Mr. Douglas Tiberindwa , DLIS (MAK), BLIS (MAK)
4. Ms. Janet Mugena , BA(SS) (MAK), MBA-HRM (KIU)
5. Mr. Sam Obunaka, DLIS (KIU)
Inquiries regarding RBS can be directed to: [email protected]