This Section is located at the Lower Ground Floor of the Main Library and is responsible for receiving, processing, labeling and availing all library information materials to other sections. The section is also charged with automating the library collections and maintaining an efficient Open Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) System.
Within the section is a Bindery Unit where damaged books are repaired.
The section is out of bound to non library staff.
Staff in the Section
1. Mrs. Dorcas Kigozi,B.A(London), PGDL(Wales)-Chief Cataloguer and Head of Technical Services Section.
2. Ms. Stella Mbabazi, BLIS (MAK)
3. Mr. Patrick Ssebuufu, BLIS (MAK)
4. Ms. Berniter Nambwayo DLIS (MAK)-In charge of Book Loans
5. Ms. Ketty Ladema, DRIM (UMI)
6. Mr. Livingstone Mutibwa, Cert. Binding
7. Mr. J. Bosco Muzahuuzi, CLIS. (KIU)
1. Ms. Margaret Tokwiny
2. Mr. Moses Ewagu